Federal Courts Bulletin
- Sovereign Iñupiat for a Living Arctic, et al. v. Bureau of Land Management, et al. (Administrative Procedure Act; National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska; Willow Project)
- Bellfy v. Edwards (Absolute Judicial Immunity; Tribal Court Jurisdiction)
- Reno-Sparks Indian Colony, et al. v. Haaland, et al. (Administrative Procedure Act; Lithium Nevada Thacker Pass Project Humboldt County)
- Arocha v. Blackfeet Tribe (Habeas Corpus; Jurisdiction; Indian Civil Rights Act)
- Faris v. Southern Ute Indian Tribe, et al. (Subject Matter Jurisdiction; Employee Retirement Income Security Act)
- Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe v. United States (Breach of Trust; Treaty of Fort Laramie of 1868)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
- Romanelli v. Crampton (Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Constitution; Tribal Council Procedures)
- Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Tribal Council v. Romanelli (Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Constitution)
- Blacksmith v. Simon (Statement of Claim; Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- In the Matter of the Estate of Miguel (Interlocutory Review; Substitution of Counsel)
- In the Matter of the Estate of Siquieros (Interlocutory Review; Substitution of Counsel)
- Dawsey v. Woomavovah, et al. (Appellate Jurisdiction; Immediate Relief; Elections)
State Courts Bulletin
- In the Matter of the Guardianship of L.C. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
- Howson v. Similk Inc. (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- In re AAS (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 118th Congress Bulletin
- S.3263 - A bill to reaffirm the applicability of the Indian Reorganization Act to the Poarch Band of Creek Indians, and for other purposes.
- S.3270 - A bill to amend the Federal Crop Insurance Reform and Department of Agriculture Reorganization Act of 1994 to establish a budgetary Tribal Government consultation process at the Department of Agriculture, and for other purposes.
- H.R.6368 - To assist Tribal governments in the management of buffalo and buffalo habitat and the reestablishment of buffalo on Indian land.
- S.Res.459 - A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contributions of Native Americans to the United States.
U.S. Regulatory Bulletin
- Alaska Native Claims Selection (Interior)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- The constitution of American colonialism.
- Decolonizing the mind as an exercise of ea.
- Excluded and alone: Examining the experiences of Native American women in the law and a path towards equity.
- Tribes, states, and sovereigns' interest in children.
This week, in brief:
- New Tribal Water Institute will help Arizona Tribes navigate water law and policies
- NCAI faces controversial constitutional amendments to remove state recognized Tribes
- Western Alaska salmon crisis affects physical and mental health, residents say
- Debate over Pebble Mine in Alaska’s Bristol Bay region moves to dueling Supreme Court briefs
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol gives ticket over Tribal plate, potentially changing decades of policing precedent