Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin
- Access to justice: Impact of Twombly & Iqbal on state court systems.
- Intellectual property, traditional knowledge, and traditional cultural expressions in Native American tribal codes.
- Atmospheric trust litigation: Securing a constitutional right to a stable climate system.
- Beyond Dakota Access Pipeline: Energy development and imperative for meaningful tribal consultation.
- Here today, gone tomorrow -- Is global climate change another white man's trick to get Indian land? The role of treaties in protecting tribes as they adapt to climate change.
- For a lump of coal & a drop of oil: An environmentalist's critique of the Trump administration's first year of energy policies.
- Environmental justice in the United States: The human right to water.
|The Southwest, where water rights are essential.
Gabriel v. Colville Business Council (Tribal Government - Expulsion of Council Member)
Federal Courts Bulletin
Navajo Nation v. Dalley (Slip and Fall; Jurisdiction; Gaming)
Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe v. Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Inter Partes Review; Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Patent Law)
Oglala Sioux Tribe v. U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (Uranium Mining; Cultural Resources Protection)
Stand up for California! v. United States Department of the Interior (Gaming; Administrative Procedures Act)
Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe v. Sattgast (State Taxation)
In the Health & Welfare section, we feature an article about Native American homelessness.
We feature notice of the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, relating to Indian entities recognized and eligible to receive services from the United States Bureau of Indian Affairs.
U.S. Legislation Bulletin
The following bills were added:
H.R.6414: To amend title 23, United States Code, to extend the deadline for promulgation of regulations under the tribal transportation self-governance program.
S.3216: Justice for Native Survivors of Sexual Violence Act.