Federal Courts Bulletin
- Loring v. Daly (Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act)
- United States, Osage Minerals Council v. Osage Wind, LLC (Wind Turbines; Property Rights)
- Noem v. Haaland (National Historic Preservation Act; Religious Freedom Restoration Act)
State Courts Bulletin
- Petitioner/Cross-Respondent: The People of the State of Colorado, In the Interest of Minor Children: K.C. and L.C., v. Respondents/Cross-Petitioners: K.C. and L.C., and Concerning Respondent: D.C. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
- Great Plains Lending, LLC v. Department of Banking (Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Sovereign Lending)
- Jamelle A. v. Department of Child Safety (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.1725 - A bill to grant a Federal charter to the National American Indian Veterans, Incorporated.
- S.1735 - A bill to establish an Office of Native American Affairs within the Small Business Administration, and for other purposes.
- S.1797/H.R.3496 - To amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to expand the funding authority for renovating, constructing, and expanding certain facilities.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Ending the interminable gap in Indian Country water quality protection.
- Native treaties and conditional rights after Herrera.
- "The rule of the strong, not the rule of law": Reexamining implicit divestiture after McGirt v. Oklahoma.
- Tribal lending after Gingras.
This week, in brief:
- Bipartisan bill brings long-overdue boost to urban Indian health providers
- Washington State Tribal Coalition passes unprecendented climate change bill, puts consent instead of consultation into law
- Gov. Noem's Mount Rushmore lawsuit sparks legal fight with tribe
- In new ad campaign, tribal coalition urges Biden to ‘restore and expand’ Bears Ears monument
- Colonization’s dark history puts heavy burden on tribes seeking repatriation of remains, objects
- Protocol will help guide Indigenous knowledges and data collecting, sharing, interpretation and storage
- Indigenous healthcare professional and student discuss their journeys in the healthcare field
- The Gila River Indian Community innovates for a drought-ridden future
- Call Number with American Libraries Podcast: NILL Director Anne Lucke discusses the importance of a library dedicated to tribal law
- Petroglyph vandalism is not a victimless crime