This case was decided on 5/20/19:
Herrera v. Wyoming (Hunting & Fishing Rights; Treaties)
Petitions for certiorari were denied in these cases on 5/20/19.
Casino Pauma v. National Labor Relations Board (National Labor Relations Act)
Havasupai Tribe v. Provencio, et al. (Tribal Consultation)
State Courts Bulletin
In the Interest of M.T.R., a Child (Indian Child Welfare Act - Application of)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Whose lands? Which public? The shape of public-lands law and Trump's national monument proclamations.
- Self-deportation nation.
- Balancing equity and effectiveness: The Paris Agreement & the future of international climate change law.
- Piercing the tribal veil: tribal sovereign immunity in the anomalous context of the pharmaceutical industry.
- The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act: How its invalidation will impact Indian gaming's legal and regulatory framework.
- Sports betting and Indian gaming: Should tribal casinos get in the game?
In the Intergovernmental section, we feature an article about a U.S. Supreme Court decision protecting off-reservation treaty rights.
- S.1482: To amend the Public Health Service Act to require State educational agencies and tribal educational agencies receiving funds under section 520A of such Act to establish and implement a school-based student suicide awareness and prevention training policy and school threat assessment team policy, and for other purposes.
- H.R.2717: To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to convey to the San Felipe Pueblo certain Federal land in Sandoval County, New Mexico, and for other purposes.