Diné Citizens Against Ruining Our Environment v. Bernhardt (Hydraulic Fracking; Environmental Assessments)
Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Dakota Access, LLC (Oil & Gas Pipelines; Documents for Administrative Record)
State Courts Bulletin
The People of the State of Colorado, In the Interest of Z.C., a Child, and Concerning S.C. (Indian Child Welfare Act - Notice)
State of Minnesota v. Randy Lee Thompson (Arrest; Expulsion)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
Swinomish Tribal Community v. Peters (Domestic Violence)
Swinomish Tribal Community v. McCleod (Juries)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Public land and resources law in the American West: Time for another comprehensive review?
- Environmental injustice and the limits of possibilities for environmental law.
- Federal Indian Law as Paradigm Within Public Law.
- Creating sustainable economic development on Indian reservations is an "access to justice" issue.
- The last judicial frontier: The fight for recognition and legitimacy of Tribal courts.
- Tribal (de)termination? Commercial speech, Native American imagery and cultural sovereignty.
- A jury of someone else's peers: The severe underrepresentation of Native Americans from the western division of South Dakota's jury-selection process.
- Agency pragmatism in addressing law's failure: The curious case of federal "deemed approvals" of tribal-state gaming compacts.
- Blackhorse's last stand?: The First Amendment battle against the Washington "Redskins" Trademark after Matal v. Tam.
- Empire States: The coming of dual federalism.
In the Tribal Jurisdiction section, we feature an article about a Maine bill aiming to restore tribal sovereignty in certain crimes committed by non-Natives.
We feature notice of the Department of Health & Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, regarding tribal consultation meetings for tribal governments operating Head Start.
- H.R.2599: To amend the Public Health Service Act to require State educational agencies and tribal educational agencies receiving funds under section 520A of such Act to establish and implement a school-based student suicide awareness and prevention training policy and school threat assessment team policy, and for other purposes.
- H.R.1367: Comprehensive Addiction Resources Emergency Act of 2019.
- H.R.2607: To expedite under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 and improve forest management activities on National Forest System lands, on public lands under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management, and on Tribal lands to return resilience to overgrown, fire-prone forested lands, and for other purposes.