Federal Courts Bulletin
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe v. United States Army Corps of Engineers (Dakota Access Pipeline)
- United States v. Fowler (Jurisdiction)
- Hardwick v. United States (Land Into Trust)
- Chinook Indian Nation v. Zinke (Federal Recognition)
State Courts Bulletin
- Self v. Cher-Ae Heights Indian Community of the Trinidad Rancheria (Sovereign Immunity; Quiet Title Action)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.437 - To amend the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act to exclude certain payments to Alaska Native elders for determining eligibility for certain programs, and for other purposes.
- H.R.439 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to establish a demonstration program to adapt the successful practices of providing foreign aid to underdeveloped economies to the provision of Federal economic development assistance to Native communities in similarly situated remote areas in the United States, and for other purposes.
- H.R.440 - To amend the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act to provide that Alexander Creek, Alaska, is and shall be recognized as an eligible Native village under that Act, and for other purposes.
- H.R.441 - To provide for the conveyance of certain property to the Tanana Tribal Council located in Tanana, Alaska, and for other purposes.
- H.R.443 - To convey land in Anchorage, Alaska, to the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, and for other purposes.
- H.R.478 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to take certain land located in Pinal County, Arizona, into trust for the benefit of the Gila River Indian Community, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Regulation of electric utilities on Indian reservations: Tribal governments' oversight of renewable energy development and utility providers and authority to create tribal utilities.
- From the Trail of Tears to Tam: How United States trademark law fails Native Americans.
This week, in brief:
- President Biden issues tribal consultation and nation-to-nation directive
- Native American traditional knowledge played key role in Wisconsin's Climate Change Report
- Indigenous students and faculty seek increased institutional support
- Pascua Yaqui Tribe to build 50 new homes with record-setting Low Income Housing Tax Credit award
- Biden, Harris and Congress: ‘Restore the Mashpee Wampanoag reservation to federal status’
- Nez Perce Tribe granted administrative power of its water rights
- Bears Ears is just the beginning
- Where are all the Native American medical students?
- Tule River Tribe receives $25,000 grant for clean energy project
- Indigenous fashion is more than tradition
- Five Native films you should be streaming in 2021