Federal Courts Bulletin
Kehano v. Harrington (Prisoner Civil Rights)
State Courts Bulletin
Hwal'Bay Ba J Enterpises v. Jantzen (Sovereign Immunity)
Cowlitz Tribal Gaming Authority v. Clark County Sheriff's Office (Indian Gaming)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
Picard v. Colville Confederated Tribes (Indian Civil Rights Act; Tribal Law and Order Act of 2010)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- S.3324 - A bill to permit the Miami Nation of Indiana to apply for acknowledgement as a federally recognized Indian tribe, and for other purposes.
- H.R.5854 - Native Act to Transform Imagery in Various Environments
- Tribal rights: The 1872 mining law's past and future.
- Tribal recognition, consultation, and lessons from the first climate relocation.
- Serving two tribes.
- Realizing the right to be cold? Framing processes and outcomes associated with the Inuit petition on human rights and global warming.
This week, in brief:
- How Alaska Natives rescued the Anchorage economy
- Bill establishes Oceti Sakowin schools in South Dakota
- How a white evangelical family could dismantle adoption protections for Native children
- Supreme Court schedules hearing in lone Indian Country case
- Closing Seattle's National Archives is a 'paper genocide' for some Natives
- California Valley Miwok Tribe's sovereignty and relations with the United States damaged by Senator's intervention for over a decade
- Modern day treaty could help make Alaska a model for state-tribal child welfare partnership
- 'We've got to pay attention': Omaha Tribe declares emergency amid health and safety crisis
- Statement from the Lakota People's Law Project as North Dakota Public Service Commission approves expansion of the Dakota Access Pipeline