Federal Courts Bulletin
United States v. Two Bulls (Property Law)
Spirit Lake Tribe v. Jaeger (Voting Rights)
Gilbert v. Weahkee (Indian Health Service; Treaty Rights)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
Wilson v. Cherokee Nation Election Commission (Election Codes)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
S.Res.499 - A resolution acknowledging the reprehensible policy of the United States regarding the forced relocation of the Potawatomi people from their homeland east of the Mississippi River to Kansas and Oklahoma and the devastating hardships the Potawatomi people endured during the march west, known as the "Potawatomi Trail of Death".
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Indian allottee water rights: A case study of allotments on the former Malheur Indian Reservation.
- For the children: Indian status is a political classification.
- Returning the Yurok forest to the Yurok Tribe: California's first tribal carbon credit project.
- Delimit, demarcate, and title: Sovereignty and property rights of Native peoples in the Americas.
This week, in brief:
- House bill, called 'watershed legislation,' would give tribes recognition in Alaska
- As the 2020 elections loom, the House hears testimony about Native voting rights
- Taking advice on climate change from our Native neighbors
- The Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe reintroduces bighorn sheep on tribal lands
- Amid a crime wave on Yakama Reservation, confusion over a checkerboard of jurisdictions
- Arizona House bill aims to protect Native American regalia at graduation
- 'Frustrated': Tribes finally get hearing with National Archives about Sand Point facility closure
- NCAI president: Tribal sovereignty still threatened from 'every corner'
- 'What's old is new again': Advocates say tribal voting hurdles remain