Federal Courts Bulletin
- United States v. Haggerty (Property Damages; Criminal Jurisdiction)
- The Klamath Tribes v. Bureau of Reclamation (Endangered Species Act; Resource Management)
- State of Kansas v. Department of the Interior (Fee-to-Trust; IGRA)
State Courts Bulletin
- Walsh v. State of Minnesota (Reservation Boundary; Law Enforcement Jurisdiction)
- In the Matter of the Welfare of the Child of T.A.V.G. (Indian Child Welfare Act; Minnesota Indian Family Preservation Act)
- In the Matter of N.C.H. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
- In the Matter of: K.F. & J.F. Minor Indian Children (Custodial Agreements; Tribal Law)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.1543 - A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to provide best practices on student suicide awareness and prevention training and condition State educational agencies, local educational agencies, and tribal educational agencies receiving funds under section 520A of such Act to establish and implement a school-based student suicide awareness and prevention training policy.
- H.R.3091 - To support clarity and consistency with regard to the exercise of criminal jurisdiction and authority in Indian country, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Building a basketball arena on tribal land: A collaborative approach for the National Basketball Association and American Indian tribes.
- American imperialism in Hawai'i: How the United States illegally usurped a sovereign nation and got away with it.
- Permanent homelands through treaties with the United States: Restoring faith in the tribal nation-U.S. relationship in light of the McGirt decision.
- Equity over equality: Equal protection and the Indian Child Welfare Act.
This week, in brief:
- Tribes can hunt on ancestral lands north of U.S. border, Canada says
- Judge rules against Klamath Tribes
- Native News Online MMIW live stream panelists cite reasons for ongoing problem
- Michigan tribe banishes Enbridge Line 5 pipeline
- Graduations shouldn't be 'another form' of erasure
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs to hear testimony on COVID-19 impact on the Native tourism economies
- Descendant of Native American civil rights pioneer calls on Harvard to return tomahawk
- Citizen Potawatomi Nation acquires one of Oklahoma's oldest banks
- Cherokee, Chicksaw leaders support expected federal bill to address criminal jurisdiction
- Red Jacket Peace Medal returned to Seneca Nation after more than a century