Federal Courts Bulletin
- Steve v. Tuni, et al. (Memorandum of Understanding; Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- Winnemucca Indian Colony v. United States (Trust Responsibilities; Continuing Claims Doctrine)
- United States v. Michigan (Great Lakes Fisheries Management; Treaty Rights)
- Preciado v. Great Wolf Lodge (Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Discrimination)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
- Pennington v. Cherokee Nation (Statute of Limitations)
- Matter of H.J.M. (Appellate Review of Custody Order)
- Fort Peck Tribes v. Romero (Appellate Review of Independent Grounds)
State Courts Bulletin
- In re Andres R (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Regulatory Bulletin
- Order of Succession for the Office of Public and Indian Housing (HUD)
- Receipt of Documented Petition for Federal Acknowledgment as an American Indian Tribe (Interior)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Achieving climate justice through land back: An overview of tribal dispossession, land return efforts, and practical mechanisms for #landback.
- Artificial intelligence on Indian reservations in the United States: Prospects and challenges.
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend: The return of wolves through federal authority and tribal treaty rights.
- Las Casas’s use of legal interpretive rules at Valladolid.
- Voices of the river: The rise of Indigenous women leaders in the Colorado River Basin.
This week, in brief:
- Native American group to digitize 20,000 archival pages linked to Quaker-run Indian boarding schools
- Oregon tribes protest offshore wind plans
- Alaska Natives conflict with Interior Department on proposed changes to Indian Arts & Crafts Act
- New report highlights circumstances around hundreds of Alaska’s missing Indigenous people
- Lahaina’s deadly fire has intensified Maui’s fight over water rights