Federal Courts Bulletin
- Eagle Bear, Inc., et al. v. Blackfeet Indian Nation, et al. (Tribal Court Jurisdiction; Trespass on Indian Lands; Bankruptcy Court)
- Hawk v. Burr and Bureau of Indian Affairs (Bureau of Indian Affairs; Administrative Procedure Act)
State Courts Bulletin
- Schaghticoke Tribal Nation v. State (Land Rights; Sovereign Immunity)
- State of New Mexico ex rel. Children, Youth & Families Department v. James M. and Farrah S. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
- People v. Covey (Criminal Jurisdiction)
- Pederson v. Arctic Slope Regional Corporation (Shareholder Inspection; Judicial Bias)
- Hinman v. Accohannock Indian Tribe, Inc. (Tribal Government; Tribal Membership)
- Montana Democratic Party, et al. v. Jacobsen (Voting Rights; Voter Legislation)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.4915 / H.R.8937 - A bill to amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to improve the recruitment and retention of employees in the Indian Health Service, restore accountability in the Indian Health Service, improve health services, and for other purposes.
- S.4923 / H.R.8960 - A bill to require Federal law enforcement agencies to report on cases of missing or murdered Indians, and for other persons.
- S.4933 / H.R. 8967- A bill to take certain land in the State of Washington into trust for the benefit of the Puyallup Tribe of the Puyallup Reservation, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 8954 - To amend part B of title IV of the Social Security Act to require States to comply with Federal standards established under the Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Respecting the identity and dignity of all Indigenous Americans.
- Resurfacing sovereignty : Who regulates surface mining in Indian Country after McGirt?
- For better or for worse : The court's application of the second Montana Exception to United States v. Cooley.
This week, in brief:
- Roselyn Tso confirmed as IHS director
- Tribal law enforcement boosted under proposed bill
- Tribal-state tax compacts rise as a tool for tax clarity in Indian Country
- Sharing management of sacred and important lands
- Will U.S. Supreme Court hear another case from Oklahoma linked to McGirt ruling?
- Cherokee Nation seeks help urging Congress to seat a delegate in U.S. House