Federal Courts Bulletin
- United States of America v. Fowler (Law Enforcement Jurisdiction; Tribal Sovereignty)
- Lower Brule Sioux Tribe v. Haaland, et al. (Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act; Tribally Controlled Schools Act)
- Lexington Insurance Company, et al. v. Smith, et al. (Tribal Court Jurisdiction Over Nonmembers; Insurance Coverage)
- Solenex, LLC v. Haaland, et al. (Mineral Leasing Act of 1920; Administrative Procedure Act; Trust Relationship)
- Metlakatla Indian Community v. Dunleavy (Off-Reservation Fishing Rights)
- Klamath Irrigation District v. United States Bureau of Reclamation (Trust Relationship; Water Rights)
- Bad River Band of the Lake Superior Tribe of Chippewa Indians of the Bad River Reservation v. Enbridge Energy Company, Inc., and Enbridge Energy, L.P. (Trust Relationship; Trespass on Indian Lands)
- Manago v. Cane Bay Partners VI, LLLP (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act; Venue; Economic Development)
- Lower Brule Sioux Tribe v. Lyman County (Voting Rights; Redistricting)
- Center for Biological Diversity v. U.S. Forest Service (Endangered Species Act; Administrative Procedure Act; Sovereign Interests of an Indian Tribe)
State Courts Bulletin
- Cherokee Nation v. Lexington Insurance Company, et al. (Insurance Coverage)
- People In Interest of E.A.M. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
- State v. McCormack (Treaty Fishing Rights)
- In re Y.M. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
- Carter v. Genesis10 and Omincell, Inc. (Civil Procedure)
- Collins v. Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority (Tribal Law; Premises Liability)
- Vandecar v. Muscogee (Creek) Nation (Indian Civil Rights Act)
U.S. Regulatory Bulletin
- Membership in the National Parks Overflights Advisory Group (Transportation)
- HEARTH Act Approval of Pueblo of Laguna, New Mexico Business Leasing Ordinance (Interior)
- HEARTH Act Approval of Nisqually Indian Tribe Leasing Ordinance (Interior)
- Notice of the Establishment of the Tribal Homeland Security Advisory Council; Solicitation of Inaugural Members (Homeland Security)
- Annual Fee Calculation (Interior)
- Analyses, Research, and Studies To Assess the Impact of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Programs on American Indians/Alaska Natives and the Indian Health Care System Serving American Indians/Alaska Natives Beneficiaries (Health & Human Services)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.4830 - A bill to reaffirm actions taken by the Secretary of the Interior for the benefit of Indian Tribes, and for other purposes.
- S.4837 - A bill to amend the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 to establish within the Mount Hood National Forest in the State of Oregon Indian Treaty Resources Emphasis Zones, and for other purposes.
- S.4839 - A bill to reauthorize and expand a grant program for State and Tribal response to opioid and stimulant use and misuse, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Sovereigns of no territory : Alaska Natives, ANCSA, and tribal self-determination.
- Aiding employment and the environment on tribal lands : An analysis of hiring preferences and their use in the mining industry.
- The clean energy dilemma : How the push for clean energy could threaten Indigenous communities and an exploration of potential alternatives.
- The (un)just use of transition minerals : How efforts to achieve a low-carbon economy continue to violate Indigenous rights.
- Of reservation boundary lines and judicial battle lines, part 1 — Reservation diminishment/disestablishment cases from 1962 to 1975: The Indian law justice files, episode 1.
- Tribal water rights and tribal health : The Klamath Tribes and the Navajo Nation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Teaching Indian law in the 21st century.
This week, in brief:
- Judge refuses to shut down Line 5, but says Enbridge is trespassing on Native American reservation
- Tribes wait for Supreme Court decision in ICWA case
- ‘Our policy is nation-to-nation’: Tribes join President Biden for celebration at White House
- Coquille finally get hunting rights
- The UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples turns 15
- District court says Osage Reservation disestablished
- Sault Tribe celebrates 50 years of federal recognition
- South Dakota settles with tribal nations in voting rights lawsuit