Federal Courts Bulletin
- Beam v. Office of Navajo and Hopi Indian Relocation (Navajo–Hopi Settlement Act; Administrative Procedure Act)
- United States of America v. Skeet (Migratory Bird Treaty Act; Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act; Treaty Rights; Religious Freedom Restoration Act)
- Silva v. Farrish (Sovereign Immunity; Fishing Rights)
- Kewadin Casinos Gaming Authority v. Draganchuk, et al. (Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Indian Gaming Regulatory Act)
- Swinomish Indian Tribal Community v. BNSF Railway Company (Breach of Contract; Trespass on Indian Lands)
State Courts Bulletin
- In re Ricky R. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
- Swinomish Indian Tribal Community v. James Edwards (Discovery)
- Swinomish Tribal Community v. 2002 BMW (r.o. San Juanita Lazono) (Indian Civil Rights Act)
U.S. Regulatory Bulletin
- Migratory Bird Hunting Regulations on Certain Federal Indian Reservations and Ceded Lands for the 2022-23 Season (Interior)
- Notice of Intent To Prepare a Resource Management Plan for the Bears Ears National Monument in Utah and an Associated Environmental Impact Statement (Interior)
- Annual Meeting of Federal Partners and Tribal 477 Workgroup Under Indian Employment, Training and Related Services Act of 2017 (Interior)
- Tribal Consultation for Ownership and Control and Contractual Assistance; Requirements for the 8(a) Business Development (BD) Program and other Planned 8(a) BD Program Regulatory Proposals (Small Business Administration)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- The Indian Child Welfare Act as reproductive justice.
- Perpetuated in righteousness : Proposals for strengthening Hawai'i's "ceded land" protections.
- How Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act and one civil rights lawyer transformed the electorical success of Native Americans and Chicanos in New Mexico.
- The power of reciprocity : How the Confederated Salish & Kootenai water compact illuminates a path toward natural resources reconciliation.
- Unrealized federal Indian water rights on the Colorado River : An opportunity for equity and conservation.
- Private climate governance in Australia : Indigenous land use agreements and the majority default rule.
This week, in brief:
- The Inflation Reduction Act: How do tribal communities benefit?
- Funders commit $6.25 million for Indigenous early childhood education
- Urban American Indian communities may soon get better access to healthcare
- A federal appeals court says the state can't tax tribal lands that once fell out of tribal hands
- Colorado River Basin tribes work to protect their water rights
- Utah sues Biden over Bears Ears, Grand Staircase restorations
- Trial over the legality of Montana's new voting restrictions ends
- The Native American Rights Fund is hiring for the open position of Project Coordinator (The Implementation Project) in the Boulder office. Learn more about the vacancy at: https://www.narf.org/contact-us/join-team/
- The 2022 edition of Labor and Employment Law in Indian Country is now available! Order the book from Drummond Woodsum, NARF’s partner-publisher.
- Landmark Indian Law Cases, second edition, is now avaialble! Purchase the book from the publisher's website.