Federal Courts Bulletin
- Oglala Sioux Tribe v. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (National Environmental Policy Act; National Historic Preservation Act)
- Caremark LLC v. Chickasaw Nation (Health Care; Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- Pueblo of Pojoaque v. Wilson (Indian Gaming Regulatory Act; Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- Spokane Indian Tribe v. Sulgrove (Water Rights)
- Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe v. U.S. Department of the Interior (National Environmental Policy Act; Religious Freedom Restoration Act; Administrative Procedure Act)
- Monster Tech. Group v. Eller (Economic Devleopment; Attorneys Fees)
- Chicken Ranch Rancheria of Me-Wuk Indians of California v. State of California (Indian Gaming Regulatory Act)
- Stimson Lumber Company v. Coeur D’Alene Tribe (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- Noem v. Haaland (Cultural Resources / Property)
- AQuate II, LLC v. Myers (Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Section 8(a) contracting)
- Fontenot v. Schmitt (Cultural Resources; Indian Arts & Crafts Act)
State Courts Bulletin
- In re S.V. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
- Drabik v. Thomas (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
- Casey v. Muscogee (Creek) Nation (Indian Civil Rights Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.4771 - A bill to amend the Energy Policy Act of 1992 to provide for direct loans to Indian tribes and tribal energy development organizations for energy development, and for other purposes.
- S.4777 - A bill to permit the Miami Nation of Indiana to apply for acknowledgement as a federally recognized Indian tribe, and for other purposes.
- H.R.8380 - Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Shab-eh-nay Band Reservation Settlement Act of 2022.
- H.R.8673 - To support the education of Indian children.
U.S. Regulatory Bulletin
- This week includes notices on National Marine Fisheries Service determinations, BIA Indian Irrigation Projects rate adjustments, and special grant opportunities from the Forest Service and the Indian Health Service.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Alaska Native Corporation endowment models.
- Re-Indigenizing Yellowstone.
- Reflections on professionalism in tribal jurisdictions..
This week, in brief:
- ‘Time honored’ harvesting knowledge altered by climate change
- Castro-Huerta decision ‘flips federal Indian law on its head’
- Chippewa Tribe members in Minnesota consider whether to continue blood quantum
- Interior Sec. Haaland Announces Members of Advisory Committee on Reconciliation in Place Names
- Arizona tribes wait for water as settlements languish in courtrooms and bureaucracy
- Their pleas for water were long ignored. Now tribes are gaining a voice on the Colorado River
- Emotional hearing on Freedmen citizenship yields discussion but few solutions
- Renewed push for repeal of Navajo Nation's same-sex marriage ban
- National Tribal Trial College gives Indigenous advocates the skills to work in tribal courts
- Tribe claims prejudice, sues county for diluting Native vote