The Native American Rights Fund Boulder office is hiring for the open position of Staff Attorney. Learn more about the vacancy at: https://www.narf.org/contact-us/join-team/
State Courts Bulletin
- Grossman v. Ciy of El Paso (Cultural Resources; Antiquities Code of Texas)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.3204 - A bill to direct the Secretary of the Interior to take into trust for the Pascua Yaqui Tribe of Arizona certain land in Pima County, Arizona, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- United States v. Cooley.
- Race to jurisdiction: Forum determination in DV-related child custody actions when survivors flee across reservation lines.
- Anishinaabe-inaakonigewin: Principles for the intergenerational preservation of mino-bimaadiziwin.
This week, in brief:
- Overview of the National Indian Law Library
- Biden administration protects portion of New Mexico's Chaco Canyon from oil and gas leasing
- ICWA experts say state laws could protect Native families
- Interior Dept. creates tribal consultation committee; advocates hope model could improve other federal agencies
- Long-running battle over a sacred tribal site at Mount Hood back in court
- Redistricting leads to concern over diluted Indigenous voting power
- USDA announces a new focus on Indigenous food and agriculture
- Report: LGBTQ Native Americans face discrimination, healthcare disparities
- Hopi at crossroads of maintaining language for elected posts
- Little Shell Tribe opens health clinic in Montana
- UArizona Health Sciences study identifies breast cancer treatment disparities among Native American, Indigenous women
- U.S. judge won’t reconsider tribes’ bid to block Nevada mine
- ‘Indigenous identity and the land are inseparable’: Menominee Forest researcher to start podcast
- Why I'm thankful for Indigenous resistance