Federal Courts Bulletin
- Corey Lee Dove v. Patuxent Facility (Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act)
State Courts Bulletin
- North Dakota v. Suelzle (Law Enforcement Jurisdiction)
- Rincon Band of Luiseno Mission Indians of the Rincon Reservation California v. Flynt (Indian Gaming; IGRA)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.3113 - A bill to authorize the Attorney General to make grants to State and Tribal courts in order to allow the electronic service of certain court orders, and for other purposes.
- S.3123 - A bill to amend the Siletz Reservation Act to address the hunting, fishing, trapping, and animal gathering rights of the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians, and for other purposes.
- S.3126 - A bill to amend the Grand Ronde Reservation Act to address the hunting, fishing, trapping, and animal gathering rights of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde Community, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Commandeering the Indian Child Welfare Act: Native American rights exception to Tenth Amendment challenges.
- Indian Country post-McGirt: Implications for traditional energy development and beyond.
- Mentorship, leadership, and being an Indigenous woman.
- A rite of passage: Perpetuating the invisibility of American Indian lawyers.
This week, in brief:
- Indian Country bills set for passage in U.S. House of Representatives
- Why protecting tribal rights is key to fighting climate change
- The University of Minnesota offers tuition waiver for Native American students
- One of America’s last remaining Native birchbark canoe builders launches elaborate 16-foot hunting boat constructed at Northwestern: ‘We don’t just take, we give back.’
- IHS and VA renew partnership to improve health of Native veterans
- Cherokee Nation responds to McGirt challenges
- The Lewis and Clark expedition from an Indigenous perspective
- Adapting to climate change by saving sacred seeds
- Donlin Gold mine jeopardizes a way of life in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta
- Economic impact study reveals Native tourism is a $14 billion industry
- Native tribes have lost 99% of their land in the United States
- Red Nation Film Festival: Native film festival founder focuses on telling Native stories onscreen