The Native American Rights Fund Boulder office is hiring for the open position of Staff Attorney. Learn more about the vacancy at: https://www.narf.org/contact-us/join-team/
U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
- One petition for certiorari was filed this week on 11/4/21:
- Big Sandy Rancheria Enterprises v. Bonta (Indian Reorganization Act; Taxation)
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Acres Bonusing, Inc. v. Marston (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- Bartell Ranch LLC v. McCullough (Lithium Mining; Federal Land Policy and Management Act; National Historic Preservation Act; Tribal Consultation)
State Courts Bulletin
- In re P.G. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.Res.440 - A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contributions of Native Americans to the United States.
- S.3168/H.R.5880 - A bill to amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010 to modify the enforceability date for certain provisions, and for other purposes.
- S.3200/H.R.5855 - A bill to authorize the relinquishment and in lieu selection of land and minerals in the State of North Dakota, to restore land and minerals to Indian Tribes within the State of North Dakota, to conserve the Little Missouri National Grasslands, and for other purposes.
- H.R.5822 - To extend Federal recognition to the Edisto Natchez-Kusso Tribe of South Carolina, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Mountains, telescopes, and broken promises: The dignity taking of Hawai'i's ceded lands.
- Man camps and bad men: Litigating violence against American Indian women.
This week, in brief:
- Tribal law enforcement officials say McGirt strengthening public safety
- Historic alliance is formed in pursuit of improved Native American healthcare
- Harvard researchers blast Treasury’s ARPA tribal distribution formulas as ‘nothing short of shocking’
- Judge rejects a Trump-era water contract in a win for tribes in California
- Native American maps (and ideas) that shaped the nation
- 'Financial colonialism': A bitcoin mine in Navajo Nation flares tensions
- 11 influential Native American artists