The Native American Rights Fund Boulder office is hiring for the open position of water rights attorney. Learn more about the vacancies at https://www.narf.org/contact-us/join-team/
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources v. The White Earth Band of Ojibwe (Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Treaty Rights)
- Bartell Ranch LLC v. McCullough (Lithium Mining; Federal Land Policy and Management Act; National Historic Preservation Act)
- State of Texas v. Alabama Coushatta Tribe of Texas (Ysleta del Sur Pueblo and Alabama-Coushatta Indian Tribes of Texas Restoration Act; Indian Gaming Regulatory Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.5160 - To establish an Office of Native American Affairs within the Small Business Administration, and for other purposes.
- H.R.5193 - To provide payments to States and Tribal governments to support energy transition communities, and for other purposes.
- H.R.5195 - To reauthorize the Native American Housing Assistance and Self-Determination Act of 1996, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- A national truth commission for Native Americans.
- When justice does not work: A solution focused approach to violence against Native women in Indian Country.
- Tribal pardons: A comparative survey.
This week, in brief:
- Tribes file cert petition defending Indian Child Welfare Act before Supreme Court
- Indigenous, local communities key to successful nature conservation: study
- Federal court affirms health care as treaty right
- WSU nabs $250,000 grant for Indigenous-developed and -instructed clinical simulation space
- Culturally relevant financial education
- EPA and Justice Department reach settlement with Northern Cheyenne Utilities Commission to address Clean Water Act violations in Montana
- Oregon’s first tribal- and artist- preference housing nearly complete
- Native American tribes enforce mask mandates regardless of state bans
- A pioneering exhibit will showcase contemporary Indigenous architecture