Federal Courts Bulletin
- Miller v. United States (FTCA; Tribal Police)
- Cherokee Nation v. McKesson Corporation (Opioid Litigations; Civil Conspiracy)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
- In re: Challenge to the Eligibility of Victoria Vasquez (Tribal Elections)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.Res.141 - A resolution recognizing the critical importance of access to reliable, clean drinking water for Native Americans and Alaska Natives and confirming the responsibility of the Federal Government to ensure such water access.
- S.981 - A bill to amend the Federal Assets Sale and Transfer Act of 2016 to ensure that federally recognized Indian Tribes are consulted before the sale or transfer of certain Federal civilian real properties, and for other purposes.
- S.989/H.R.2271 - A bill to establish a Native American language resource center in furtherance of the policy set forth in the Native American Languages Act.
- H.R.2208 - To restore an opportunity for tribal economic development on terms that are equal and fair, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Back and forth: The continuous legal battle over the oil flow in Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Fracking in Pueblo and Diné communities.
This week, in brief:
- NARF Staff Attorney Vacancy: Boulder, CO
- Sinema, Kelly announce $450 million in housing grants for Native communities
- Mohave County, Navajo officials push to broaden ‘downwinder’ coverage
- Indigenous food sovereignty movements are taking back ancestral land
- Bill advances to aid Native American voting
- Traveling on stolen land: How to acknowledge and respect its Indigenous identity
- Little Shell, Chippewa Cree and others OK $40M settlement for funds mismanaged by U.S.
- A reckoning on Native American remains and cultural objects
- Native American women Wikipedia edit-a-thon
- As the country reckons with race, will tribal nations lead the way?