Federal Courts Bulletin
- Hawkins v. Haaland (Trust Relationship; Water Rights)
- Singer v. Office of Navajo and Hopi Indian Relocation (OHNIR; Equal Access to Justice Act)
- Gwitchyaa Zhee Corporation v. Alexander (Attorney Fees)
- Mendenhall v. United States (Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium; FTCA)
State Courts Bulletin
- Moyant v. Petit (Exhaustion of Tribal Court Remedies; Land Dispute)
- In re Cottelit/Payment (Indian Child Welfare Act; Michigan Indian Family Preservation Act)
- State in Interest of A.R.F. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.Res.125 - A resolution recognizing the heritage, culture, and contributions of American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian women in the United States.
- H.R.1620 - Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization Act of 2021
- H.R.1975 - To take certain land located in San Diego County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Pala Band of Mission Indians, and for other purposes.
- H.R.2074 - To assist Tribal governments in the management of buffalo and buffalo habitat and for the reestablishment of buffalo on Indian lands.
- H.R.2088 - To take certain Federal lands in Tennessee into trust for the benefit of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Goodbye yellow brick road: Enfranchisement among Native American voters and Nick v. Bethel.
- Repatriation as restitution: Toward procedural rights for Indigenous claims to moveable cultural property.
- Incorporation by any other name? Comparing Congress' federalization of tribal court criminal procedure with the Supreme Court's regulation of state courts.
- Native Hawaiians' disproportional incarceration rates leading to disproportional jail deaths.
- Lies, damn lies, and federal Indian law: The ethics of citing racist precedent in contemporary federal Indian law.
This week, in brief:
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples: Tribal implementation toolkit launch event
- Growing number of cities weigh tribal ‘land acknowledgements’
- Domestic violence bill passes US House with program to expand tribal powers in 5 Alaska villages
- Radio diary: Keeping the Wampanoag language alive
- Biden administration restores valuable riverbed ownership to North Dakota tribe
- Pokagon Band of Potawatomi partners with organizations for mass vaccination of Native Americans and other Native groups in Indiana
- Six ICWA/MIFPA cases in three months in Michigan
- Schatz releases COVID-19 Relief Guide, Frequently Asked Questions document to help Native communities access federal resources
- Tribes blast wolf hunt, say it was about killing
- New app will show you what Indigenous land you're on right now