Federal Courts Bulletin
- Grand River Enterprises Six Nations, LTD. v. Boughton (Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement Complementary Act)
- Jumping Eagle v. Warren (ICWA)
- Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians v. US Army Corps of Engineers (NEPA; CWA; Enbridge Line 3)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.171/H.R.684 - To authorize the Keystone XL Pipeline.
- H.R.897 - To take certain lands in California into trust for the benefit of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, and for other purposes.
- H.R.912 - To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to make certain improvements relating to mental health and suicide prevention outreach to minority veterans and American Indian and Alaska Native veterans, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- The Cherokee Tribal Court: Its origins and its place in the American judicial system.
- Help for missing American Indian and Alaska Native children.
- AMBER Alert in Indian Country.
- The Tribal Engagement Program (TEP) builds bridges for tribal partners.
- Tribal opt-in to the Voting Rights Act: Strengthening sovereignty to resist Native voter suppression.
- Changing consultation.
This week, in brief:
- Congressional leaders request resources for urban Indians in budget reconciliation
- Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes reclaim legacy of bison conservation
- Te-Moak opens new tribal court
- Native women like Deb Haaland and Eloise Cobell are the role models Indian Country needs
- Bridging the digital divide in Indian Country
- Bill to keep Native children within their community receives bipartisan support
- Professor explores Black freedom on Native land
- Native American designer Dewayne Dale Jr. is taking back the moccasin after years of cultural appropriation
- Native students need more support in higher ed. Here is how CWC is doing the work
- Confronting the blind spot in the great American protest song 'This Land Is Your Land'