Federal Courts Bulletin
- Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa v. Wheeler (Clean Water Act; Cultural Resources)
- Apache Stronghold v. United States (Sacred Sites; Oak Flat/Chi-chil Bildagoteel)
- Allegany Capital Enteprises, LLC v. Cox (Tribal Corporate Entities; Sovereign Immunity)
State Courts Bulletin
- Walker E. v. State of Alaska (ICWA)
- People of the State of Michigan v. Caswell (Treaty Rights)
- In re Groves (Michigan Indian Family Preservation Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.Res.54 - An original resolution authorizing expenditures by the Committee on Indian Affairs.
- S.314 - A bill to repeal the Klamath Tribe Judgment Fund Act.
- S.325 - A bill to amend the Alyce Spotted Bear and Walter Soboleff Commission on Native Children Act to extend the deadline for a report by the Alyce Spotted Bear and Walter Soboleff Commission on Native Children, and for other purposes.
- H.R.1047 - To allow certain State and Tribal permitting authority to encourage expansion of broadband service to rural and Tribal communities, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Missing or murdered Indigenous people: Culturally based prevention strategies.
- Jurisdictional solutions in Indian Country to support missing or murdered Indigenous people efforts.
- National survey estimates of violence against American Indian and Alaska Native people.
- Addressing sexual abuse, assault, and trafficking as co-morbidities in missing or murdered Indigenous populations.
- Enhancing law enforcement response to missing person cases in tribal communities.
- Prevention strategies related to missing or murdered Native Americans.
- Rethinking protections for Indigenous sacred sites.
- Oneida Nation v. Village of Hobart.
This week, in brief:
- A conversation with law expert about Oak Flat and treaties
- New NTUA fiber line will increase internet capacity for Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation, local schools, and businesses
- Climate justice must include Indigenous sovereignty
- Indigenous fine dining … but make it curbside
- Nueta Hidatsa Sahnish College
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announces $220 million contract awards for the clean-up of more than 50 abandoned uranium mine sites on the Navajo Nation
- OU's Women's and Gender Studies hosts Q&A on missing, murdered Indigenous women
- OU Outreach's American Indian Institute (Aii) launches new virtual speaker series
- $1.6 million grant will support digitization of Native American oral histories
- Indigenous feminism is our culture