We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
Federal Courts Bulletin
United States v. Many White Horses (Tribal Sovereignty; Banishment)
Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Dakota Access, LLP (Dakota Access Pipeline; APA; NEPA; NHPA; Mni Waconi Act)
State Courts Bulletin
Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation v. Yakima County (Land Use Petition Act)
Kalima v. State of Hawai'i (Hawaiian Home Lands Trust)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
S.4168 - A bill to require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award additional funding through the Sanitation Facilities Construction Program of the Indian Health Service, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- The psychosocial effects of Native American mascots: A comprehensive review of empirical research findings.
- Justice for Juristac: Using international and comparative law to protect Indigenous lands.
- Purcell v. Gonzalez, principle and problem--Native American voting rights in the 2018 North Dakota elections.
This week, in brief:
- Big #NoDALP news: Federal judge orders shutdown of Dakota Access Pipeline
- 'A proud day to be Lakota': Activists arrested for protesting Trump visit to Sioux Nation treaty territory
- Mail-in voting isn't an answer in Indian Country. Senators urge DOJ to accomodate tribes
- FedEx, the Washington Redskins' most prominent sponsor, asks the team to change its name
- Lawsuit over cultural appropriation of Native designs proceeds, despite Neiman Marcus bankruptcy
- This court case could weaken WA's Indian Child Welfare Act
- Contact tracing for Native Americans in rural Arizona
- Jenni Monet: Making the case for treaties at Mount Rushmore
- Pommersheim talks legal battle between tribe & government
- 'What choice do we have? As the Arctic warms, the Inupiat adapt
- National Gallery of Art acquires painting by Salish artist