We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Mdewakanton Band of Sioux in Minnesota v. Bernhardt (Federal Recognition)
- Navajo Health Foundation v. Razaghi Development Company, LLC (RICO)
- Yurok Tribe v. U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (Endangered Species Act; Cultural Resources)
- Sxʷnq̓ʔels l Suw̓ečm / Ksukⱡiⱡmumaⱡ ʾA·kጦaⱡmukwaʾits d/b/a Energy Keepers Inc. v. Hyperblock LLC (Contract Breach)
- Ten Eyck v. United States (Sovereign Immunity; Federal Torts Claim Act)
State Courts Bulletin
People in Interest of K.C. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.7056 - To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award additional funding through the Indian Health Services Sanitation Facilities Construction Program, and for other purposes.
- H.R.7080 - To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to States, political subdivisions of States, Indian Tribes and Tribal organizations, community-based entities, and primary care and behavioral health organizations to address behavioral health needs caused by the public health emergency declared with respect to COVID-19.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Immigration, plenary powers, and sovereignty talk: Then and now.
- Environmental federalism in Indian Country: Sovereignty, primacy, and environmental protection.
This week, in brief:
- 'Am I cutting out again?': Missing and murdered task force off to shaky start amid COVID-19 challenges
- Cronkite News: Tribal leaders, advocates question reopening at Grand Canyon, other parks
- Tribal court to hear argument on non-resident voting rights amidst COVID-19
- Report: Indigenous voters face racism and suppression
- The sheer brutality that Black and Native men face
- Company floats new proposal for hydropower on tribal land
- When art is medicine
- Modern-day AIM makes its presence felt
- Advocating for human rights during a time of COVID-19
- Congressional letter to Indian Health Service re: Faulty PPE sent to Navajo
- 'Love and Fury' documents Indigenous artists at the vanguard