We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Solonex, LLC v. Bernhardt (Oil and Gas Leasing)
- Winnemucca Indian Colony v. United States (Tribal Elections)
- Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians v. Mnuchin (CARES Act)
- Lingenfelter v. Liptak (RLUIPA)
- Water Works Board of the City of Birmingham v. U.S. Bank National Association (Fraud)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.7173 - To protect the status of lands held in trust for the benefit of federally recognized Indian Tribes, and for other purposes.
- S.3937 - A bill to amend section 330C of the Public Health Service Act to reauthorize special programs for Indians for providing services for the prevention and treatment of diabetes, and for other purposes.
- S.3948 - A bill to amend the Alyce Spotted Bear and Walter Soboleff Commission on Native Children Act to extend the deadline for a report by the Alyce Spotted Bear and Walter Soboleff Commission on Native Children, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Indigenizing professional responsibility.
This week, in brief:
- Ruling cancels energy lease in the Badger-Two Medicine area
- A hospital's secret coronavirus policy separated Native American mothers from their newborns
- How the Yurok Tribe is reclaiming the Klamath River
- 'It's so important for our young people to vote'
- COVID-19 exposes inadequate funding levels at Indian Health Service
- Museum of Indian Arts and Culture puts curriculum on tribes online
- Man sentenced for stealing Ancestral Puebloan artifacts
- Iron Range board tables Fond du Lac water treatment funding over band's 'anti-mining' stances
- Navajo leaders lay out plan to spend relief funds, shield elderly from 'this monster'
- UC Berkeley has nearly 500,000 tribal artifacts and remains. It isn't giving them back quickly
- In Apache, we say ‘Ndąą Diłhił’í bi’idąą da’ilįį’ (Black Lives Matter)