We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
Federal Courts Bulletin
United States v. Grote (Payday Lending; TILA)
Booker v. Plain Green, LLC. (Sovereign Immunity)
Elliot v. Snyder (Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act)
Gwitchyaa Zhee Corporation v. Bernhardt (ANCSA)
State Courts Bulletin
In re M.W. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.7092 - To amend title 54, United States Code, to establish, fund, and provide for the use of amounts in a National Parks and Public Land Legacy Restoration Fund to address the maintenance backlog of the National Park Service, the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the Forest Service, and the Bureau of Indian Education, and to provide permanent, dedicated funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund, and for other purposes.
- H.R.7119 - To convey land in Anchorage, Alaska, to the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, and for other purposes.
This week, in brief:
- A native perspective on shared political resistance and force
- Shoshone-Bannock transgender inmate makes history with legal fight
- Disparity, disease, and drinking water: COVID-19 and safe drinking water access in Indian Country
- U.S. Senate passes Navajo Utah Water Rights Settlement Act
- Ruth Buffalo: 'We tripled...Native American women running' for North Dakota Legislature
- Prof Pommersheim talks checkpoints
- Ramos bill to acknowledge historic Native American presence moves to Senate
- Investigation reveals a consistent picture: 'It's really hard to vote in Indian Country'
- Pocatello attorney prevails in largest water rights case in Nevada history
- Mashpee Wampanoag: U.S. court 'stood up for justice'
- Shunning virus and Big Oil, Alaska tribe revives traditions