Federal Courts Bulletin
McCoy v. Salish Kootenai College, Inc. (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
Chegup v. Ute Indian Tribe of the Uintah and Ouray Reservation (Indian Civil Rights Act; Banishment)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- H.Res.735 - Recognizing the maternal health crisis among indigenous women in the United States, which includes American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian women, recognizing the importance of reducing mortality and morbidity among indigenous women, and calling for urgent Federal funding changes to ensure comprehensive, high-quality, and culturally competent maternal health and family planning services are available.
- H.R.5158 - Promoting Sustainable Energy Projects for Tribal Communities Act of 2019
This week, in brief:
- New book about petroglyphs offers a glimpse into the lives of the earliest people in Kansas
- Cherokee Nation drives more than $2 billion into Oklahoma economy
- Empty desks: Discipline & policing in Montana's public schools
- US Senate passes bill repealing discriminatory laws against Native Americans
- Quapaw Nation reaches trust settlement
- Lumbee Tribe federal recognition bill up for first hearing
- Senate VAWA bill 'undercuts tribal sovereignty'