December 7, 2012
NILL added new content to 7 Indian Law Bulletins on 12/07
New York v. Shinnecock Indian Nation (en banc review, federal question, real property)
* State Courts Bulletin
US ex rel Auginaush v Medure (judicial comity)
* U.S. Trial Courts Bulletin
State of Wisconsin v. Ho-Chunk Nation (arbitration, gaming)
Coffey v. United States (prisoner rights, transfer to a facility)
* News Bulletin
In the "Health & Welfare" section we feature a couple of articles relating to a report and court action against the state of South Dakota for violating child welfare law.
* Regulatory Bulletin
We include new rules and regulations of the Department of Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs regarding residential, business, and wind and solar resource leases on Indian land.
* Law Review & Bar Journal Indian Law Bulletin
This week we feature an article on retroceding state authority over Indian country granted by Public Law 280.
* U.S. Legislation Bulletin
Four new bills were added:
1) S. 3654, A bill to create equal footing for tribal economic development.
2) S. Res. 605, A resolution designating the week beginning November 26, 2012, as "National Tribal Colleges and Universities Week."
3) H.R. 6617, Indian Trust Asset Reform Act.
4) H.R. 6625, Violence Against Indian Women Act of 2012.