The Native American Rights Fund Boulder office is hiring. Learn more about the vacancies at https://www.narf.org/contact-us/join-team/
Federal Courts Bulletin
Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation v. Department of the Interior (Indian Gaming Regulatory Act)
Ak-Chin Indian Community v. Maricopa-Stanfield Irrigation & Drainage District (Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Water Rights)
Fredericks v. Department of the Interior (American Indian Probate Reform Act)
The Crow Tribe of Indians v. Repsis (Treaty Rights; Tribal Hunting Rights)
State Courts Bulletin
In re K.S. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.4308 - To remove Federal barriers regarding the offering of mobile wagers on Indian lands when the applicable State and Indian Tribe have reached an agreement, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4316 - To provide a set-aside of funds for Indian populations under the health profession opportunity grant program under section 2008 of the Social Security Act, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4348 - To remove administrative barriers to participation of Indian tribes in Federal child welfare programs, and increase Federal funding for tribal child welfare programs, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4352 - To amend the Act of June 18, 1934, to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian Tribes, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Toward tribal sovereignty: Environmental regulation in Oklahoma after McGirt.
This week, in brief:
- A quest for Alaska oil sparks a fight over tribal sovereignty
- Navajo leaders discuss Navajo Indian Irrigation Project and Chaco Canyon issues with U.S. Senator Ben Ray Luján
- How G.O.P.-backed laws in Montana could hurt Native American voting
- If you don’t know treaties and sovereignty, you don’t know history
- National investigation of Native American boarding schools hits home in Michigan
- First Indigenous woman appointed to Calif. commission advocating for women and girls
- Diné College breaks ground for STEM building
- NYU Law and Yale University launch joint initiative on American Indian sovereignty
- Native Americans in Arizona brace for more electoral challenges in light of Supreme Court decision