The National Indian Law Library has developed a new tribal law digital publishing platform in partnership with the Open Law Library, the University of Wisconsin Law Library, and the Great Lakes Indigenous Law Center. Find out more about this project and the importance of access to tribal law.
We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at https://narf.org/nill/bulletins/
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Penobscot Nation v. Frey (Treaty Rights)
- Keweenaw Bay Indian Community v. Khouri (Indian Taxation; Sovereign Immunity)
- United States v. Medicine Horse (American Indian Religious Freedom Act; Native American Church - Religious Ceremonies)
State Courts Bulletin
- The People of the State of Colorado in the Interest of D.M.F.D. and concerning M.L.D. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.Res.297 - A resolution recognizing the commemorating Native Hawaiian Delegate Jonah Kuhio Kalaniana'ole's lifelong advocacy on behalf of Hawai'i and the Native Hawaiian people on the 100th anniversary of his paramount congressional achievement-the Hawaiian Homes Commission Act, 1920.
- S.2326 - A bill to amend the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act to reauthorize programs under that Act, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4386 - To amend the Federal Assets Sale and Transfer Act of 2016 to ensure that federally recognized Indian Tribes are consulted before the sale or transfer of certain Federal civilian real properties, and for other purposes.
This week, in brief:
- Tribes and tribal citizens accuse South Dakota of violating voting laws
- Ending food insecurity in Native communities means restoring land rights, handing back control
- Rounds, colleagues introduce bipartisan bill to reauthorize Native housing funding
- Arizona hospitals collaborate to fight maternal mortality
- Paradigm shift: Tribe is now an owner of the power grid
- New prison reform initiative aims to create restorative culture, uplift Indigenous voices and practices
- National Council of Urban Indian Health Vice President to testify at Senate Committee on Indian Affairs on urban Indian organizations facilities bill
- Utah's Lake Powell pipeline yet another way to prevent tribal water development
- Patricia Marroquin Norby is bringing a Native perspective to the Met