Federal Courts Bulletin
- Jamul Action Committee v. Simermeyer (IGRA; Sovereign Immunity)
- Nanouk v. United States (FTCA)
- Pauma Band of Luiseno Mission Indians of the Pauma & Yuima Reservation v. State of California (IGRA)
- Genskow v. Prevost (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
State Courts Bulletin
Matter of Dependency of Z.J.G (ICWA)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- The civil jurisdictional landscape in eastern Oklahoma post McGirt v. Oklahoma.
- Bringing back the great bear: Challenges and opportunities of Grizzly restoration in the Northern Rockies.
This week, in brief:
- NARF is accepting applications for the 2021 summer law clerkships now until September 18th. Learn more at https://www.narf.org/contact-us/join-team/clerks/
- Alaska lawsuit calls for safer voting process during pandemic
- 'It's up to us': Census response risks undercount, underfunding for North Dakota tribes
- South Dakota Native Homeownership Coalition members showcase successful Native veterans homeownership models
- Coalition of Indian tribes, foster youth group, and LGBTQ+ youth orgs file suit to fight Trump administration’s failure to count children in foster care
- EPA unveils Western office to focus on abandoned mine tracking, cleanup
- Squaw Valley Ski Resort near Lake Tahoe to change name from the 'racist and sexist slur'
- Chickasaw student grabs spot in Johns Hopkins European master's program