We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Scotts Valley Band of Pomo Indians v. United States Department of the Interior (IGRA)
- Tule Lake Committee v. Federal Aviation Administration (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- Adams v. Dodge (ICRA Habeas Corpus; Tribal Court Exhaustion Doctrine)
- Oxendine-Taylor v. Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians (ICRA)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- S.4715 - A bill to grant Federal charter to the National American Indian Veterans, Incorporated.
- S.4750 - A bill to assist Tribal entities in deploying broadband using the 2.5 GHz spectrum band.
- S.4752 - A bill to establish the Truth and Healing Commission on Indian Boarding School Policy in the United States, and for other purposes.
This week, in brief:
- Congress formally acknowledges 155-year-old betrayal of Warm Springs and Wasco tribes
- How anti-Indigeneity proliferates around the West and the world
- Fighting for what's sacred in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Yakama Nation case could set precedent for sacred tribal sites in WA
- 100K tribal citizens can decide Michigan electoral votes
- Montana Sierra Club supports tribal management of National Bison Range
- Tribes and archaeologists want to protect Chaco region
- Navajo citizens challenge mail-in ballot ruling