We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Perkins v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue (Treaty Rights; Indian Taxation)
- Mendoza v. First Santa Fe Insurance Services (Jurisdiction)
- Gemini Insurance Company v. Harrah's NC Casino Company, LLC (Diversity Jurisdiction)
- Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians v. Caballero (Federal Recognition)
- State Courts Bulletin
In the Matter of E.J.B. and R.S.B. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
In Re Internet Lending Cases (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- S.4529 - A bill to improve access by Indian Tribes to support from the Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support program (E-rate) of the Federal Communications Commission, and for other purposes.
- H.R.8066 - To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the rules for tribal economic development bonds.
- H.R.8068 - To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to make certain improvements relating to mental health and suicide prevention outreach to minority veterans and American Indian and Alaska Native veterans, and for other purposes.
This week, in brief:
- Navajo Nation calls for end to federal execution of tribal member, Lezmond Mitchell
- Sacred lands must be preserved, not bombed
- Forced assimilation fed school-to-prison pipeline
- The land-grant universities still profiting off Indigenous homelands
- Influential Native American women to lead tourism recovery conversations at American Indian Tourism Conference
- After 400 years, Native stories at heart of Mayflower events
- Black, Choctaw judge: Being harassed was 'one of the best learning experiences'
- Indigenous and Black Lives Matter activists join forces in Oregon
- Reservation mathematics: Navigating love in Native America
- South Dakota congressional delegation urges United States Department of Agriculture to continue home loan program on tribal land
- Meet the Indigenous wmen who fought for the vote