We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Eglise Baptiste Bethanie de Ft. Lauderdale, Inc. v. Seminole Tribe of Florida (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- Cadet v. Snoqualmie Casino (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
- Zurich American Insurance Company v. McPaul (Tribal Court Jurisdiction)
- Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan v. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Fiduciary Duty)
- Singer v. Office of Navajo and Hopi Indian Relocation (Navajo-Hopi Settlement Act)
- Lafley v. Adams (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
State Courts Bulletin
Julio A. v. State of Alaska (Indian Child Welfare Act)
Klein v. Wisconsin Department of Revenue (Indian Taxation; Sovereign Immunity)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.7948 - To amend the Public Health Service Act with respect to the collection and availability of health data with respect to Indian Tribes, and for other purposes.
- H.R.7973 - To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to improve access by Indian Tribes to support from the Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support program (E-rate) of the Federal Communications Commission, and for other purposes.
- S.4498 - A bill to amend Public Law 106-511 to reauthorize the Navajo electrification demonstration program, and for other purposes.
- S.4510 - A bill to establish a Native American language resource center.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Waiving historic resource laws at the southern border.
- How to say sorry: Fulfilling the United States' trust obligation to Native Hawaiians by using the Canons of Construction to interpret the Apology Resolution.
- Colonizing history: Rice v. Cayetano and the fight for Native Hawaiian self-determination.
This week, in brief:
- The federal government gives Native students an inadequate education and gets away with it
- BIA opens cold case office in Albuquerque
- How Native tribes started winning at the Supreme Court
- Navajo Nation president asks for leniency for federal death row inmate
- To' Kee Skuy' Soo Ney-Wo-Chek' Progress Report - Year 1 of Study on M.M.I.W. in Northern California
- Federal agency sets guidelines for reopening Native American schools
- Chuck Hoskin: New Cherokee language department connects us to who we are as a people
- Sioux checkpoints aim to block bikers from crossing tribal land
- National Native organizations issue joint statement on U.S. Census Bureau Change to 2020 Census Operations
- Po'pay's Rebellion, also known as the Pueblo Revolt of 1680
- Pop culture artists team with educators for Native lessons