Federal Courts Bulletin
Pasaye v. State of Nevada (Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act)
Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe v. Bernhardt (Recognition; Reservation Disestablishment)
Holtz v. Oneida Airport Hotel Corporation (Indian Civil Rights Act; Americans With Disabilities Act)
Fort Sill Apache Tribe v. National Indian Gaming Commission (Indian Gaming Regulatory Act; Administrative Procedure Act)
Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians v. Department of the Interior (Trust Land Acquisition)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Indigenous resilience.
- Building adaptive capacity in tribal communities of the Missouri River Basin to manage drought and climate extremes: A case study from the Wind River Indian Reservation.
- S.3608 - A bill to amend the CARES Act to provide flexibility in use of funds by States, Indian Tribes, and municipalities.
- H.R.6700 - To authorize the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency to approve State, local, and Indian tribal government plans to partner with small and mid-size restaurants and nonprofit organizations to provide nutritious meals to individuals in need, to waive certain matching fund requirements, and for other purposes.
This week, in brief:
- U.S. Treasury to begin distributing virus relief money to tribes
- 2010 census changed voting maps in San Juan Country, but fears of an undercount loom
- Now, more than ever, we need tribes at the water negotiating table
- Uniting online for missing Native women, girls
- How Minnesotans can address homelessness among the state's American Indians
- For some Native college students, online classes could be a dealbreaker
- Cafe brings Indigenous 'comfort food' to elders
- Indigenous studies requirement is a 'no brainer'
- 'We are a forgotten people': Native candidate struggles to be heard amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Court upholds death penalty for Navajo man on U.S. death row
- Chuck Hoskin: Even during social distancing, Cherokee culture connects us