Federal Courts Bulletin
Chee v. Mescalero Apache Tribal Court (Writ of Habeas Corpus)
Magee v. Shoshone Paiute Tribes of the Duck Valley Reservation (Sovereign Immunity)
Stephen C. v. Bureau of Indian Education (Indian Education)
State Courts Bulletin
Robbins v. Mason County Title Insurance Company (Treaty Rights)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- S.3754 - A bill to amend the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 to make a technical correction to the water rights settlement for the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes of the Duck Valley Reservation, and for other purposes.
- S.3742/H.R.6907 - A bill to establish a program in the Department of the Treasury to allocate funds to States, units of general local government, and Indian Tribes to provide assistance to certain small businesses, and for other purposes.
- H.R.6836 - To amend the CARES Act to provide for payments to the Indian Health Service, Indian Tribes, Tribal organizations, and urban Indian organizations from the Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund, and for other purposes.
- Jurisdictionary transparency and Native American women.
- Uncivil rights: The abuse of tribal sovereignty and the termination of American Indian tribal citizenship.
This week, in brief:
- Native Women Lead, Nusenda funnel funding to indigenous businesses, families
- Native Sun News Today: Checkpoints on reservations point of discussion
- Harvard Project/Native Nations Institute Report on CARES Act Distribution
- Burt Lake Band prevails in federal court; can appeal BIA denial
- UCLA Preliminary Report on Census 2020 and 2010 Response Rates on American Indian Reservations
- Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe returns to court
- Native American farm working to keep community fed during pandemic
- Healthcare. Housing. Infrastructure. Indian Country's 'status quo is in a bad spot'
- A sustainable Arctic has to include Indigenous groups
- KU Law partners with UN to train diplomats on indigenous issues, conflict resolution
- Bison bring spiritual revitalization to Sioux, Assiniboine