July 11, 2014
NILL added new content to 7 Indian Law Bulletins on 7/11
http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/sct/2013-2014update.html The Tribal Supreme Court Project update memorandum for July 9, 2014 is now available at the project's website.
* State Courts Bulletin
State v. Sanchez (cross-commissioned tribal police officer)
* United States Federal Trial Courts Bulletin
Massachusetts v. Wampanoag Tribe of Gay Head (tribal-state settlement agreement, gaming)
* News Bulletin
http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/news/currentnews.htmIn the "Environment & Energy" section, we feature a couple of articles relating to tribal opposition to the Pebble Mine in Alaska.
* U.S. Legislation Bulletin
http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/legislation/113_uslegislation.htmlThree bills were added:
1) S. 2458 - American Indian Teacher Loan Forgiveness Act of 2014
2) S.2503 - Bill Williams River Water Rights Settlement Act of 2014
3) S.2480 - Nevada Native Nations Land Act
* Regulatory Bulletin
http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/regulatory/2014fr.htmlWe feature a notice of the Administration of the Institute of American Indian and Alaska Native Culture and Arts Development seeking nominations for board of trustees.
* Law Review & Bar Journal Indian Law Bulletin
http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/lawreviews/2014alr.html We feature a few articles on issues relating to indigenous people's rights in the arctic.