Federal Courts Bulletin
- Yurok Tribe v. Dowd (Subject Matter Jurisdiction; Tribal Sovereignty; Fishing Rights)
- City of Seattle v. Sauk-Suiattle Tribal Court (Tribal Jurisdiction over Nonmembers; Dams; Exhaustion of Tribal Remedies)
- Kanam v. Haaland (Federal Recognition)
State Courts Bulletin
- In re E.V. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
- Gibson v. Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority (Tribal Law; Premises Liability)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.8108 - Advancing Tribal Parity on Public Land Act
- H.R.8109 - Tribal Cultural Areas Protection Act
- H.R.8115 - Recreation and Public Purposes Tribal Parity Act
- H.R.8286 - To take certain Federal land in the State of Washington into trust for the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Mohegan women, the Mohegan church, and the lasting of the Mohegan Nation.
- An uncomfortable truth: Law as a weapon of oppression of the Indigenous peoples of southern New England.
- Uncomfortable truths about sovereignty and wealth.
- Returning home and restoring trust: A legal framework for federally non-recognized tribal nations to acquire ancestral lands in fee simple.
- The continued impact of Carcieri on the restoration of tribal homelands: In New England and beyond.
- Resisting Indigenous erasure in Rhode Island: The need for compulsory Native American history in Rhode Island schools.
- Colonial legislation affecting Indigenous peoples of southern New England as organized by state.
This week, in brief:
- In 5-4 ruling, court dramatically expands the power of states to prosecute crimes on reservations
- The Supreme Court’s attack on tribal sovereignty, explained
- The Indian Country abortion safe harbor fallacy
- Onondaga Nation will regain 1,000 acres of New York forest in historic agreement
- Washington State Patrol rolls out new alert system to locate missing Native Americans
- National Congress of American Indians adapts resolution supporting the rights of nature
- Who does the state of Wyoming consider a poacher?
- Pointe-au-Chien Indian Tribe celebrates the creation of a culturally reflective Indian French immersion school
- 4 Native nonprofits form Good Relatives Collaborative to Indigenize grant making
- Indigenous and Two-Spirit identity through the airwaves