Federal Courts Bulletin
- Tsi Akim Maidu of Taylorsville Rancheria v. Department of the Interior (Federal Recognition)
- Evans Energy Partners, LLC v. Seminole Tribe of Florida, Inc. (Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Exhaustion of Tribal Remedies)
State Courts Bulletin
- In re J.W. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.8387 - To amend the Indian Law Enforcement Reform Act to provide for advancements in public safety services to Indian communities, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Extraction of personal data: A new form of colonialism or continuation of a colonial practice? Adult Native American adoptees resist assimilation and rebuild erased identities.
- Crossing the dark and fearful river: Monsanto, PCBs, and emerging tort theories.
- Case law on American Indians.
- The rule against hearsay, Indigenous claims and story-telling as testimony in Canadian courts.
- A watershed moment: The health and economic impact of water sustainability in the Navajo Nation post-pandemic.
This week, in brief:
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs to hear testimony on three acts on Wednesday
- When tribal nations expel their Black members
- How ancestral knowledge can help incarcerated Natives
- Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures aims to boost resilience of tribal economy by fostering entrepreneurship, workforce housing
- Bill sought by Wabanaki tribes in Maine passes U.S. House
- How a recent Supreme Court decision derailed a Native student journalist's free-speech lawsuit
- Red Cliff Ojibwe Nation celebrates ‘landmark moment’ with return of final 900 acres of land from Bayfield County
- Washoe Tribe, TRPA get $3.4 million to combat aquatic invasive species at Tahoe
- Tribes, Air Force eye protection of sacred sites during ICBM project
- ‘Daughter of a Lost Bird’ and the complexities of Indigenous identity