Federal Courts Bulletin
- McKinsey & Company, Inc. v. Boyd (Tribal Court Jurisdiction Over Nonmembers; Tribal Sovereign Immunity; Health Care)
- Kiowa Tribe v. Department of the Interior (Indian Gaming Regulatory Act; Indian Gaming)
- Yazzie v. Office of Navajo and Hopi Indian Relocation (Navajo-Hopi Settlement Act of 1974)
- Cayuga Nation v. Parker (Tribal Exhaustion)
State Courts Bulletin
- People in Interest of M.M. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
- Combs Memorial Property v. Red Boy Sr. (Evictions)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.7937 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement, to establish a program to facilitate coal mine reclamation and award grants to certain States and Indian Tribes to carry out coal mine reclamation, and for other purposes.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Act 31 and perpetuating practices of Hawaiʻi Nā Pua o Haumea: How Hawai'i's midwifery licensure law adversely impacts traditional Native Hawaiian birthing practices.
- Environmental justice in the United Nations human rights system: Challenges and opportunities for the protection of Indigenous women’s rights against environmental violence.
- Trailblazing and living a purposeful life in the law: A Dakota woman's reflections as a law professor.
- Restoring Oklahoma: Justice and rule of law post-McGirt.
- Digital economic zones: A program for comprehensive tribal economic sovereignty.
- Lessons learned, lessons forgotten: A tribal practitioner's reading of McGirt and thoughts on the road ahead.
- Fanon, colonial violence, and racist language in federal American Indian law.
- Persisting sovereignties.
This week, in brief:
- Navajo Nation leaders finalize Navajo Utah Water Settlement Act
- Subpoena authority could jeopardize boarding school truth and healing commission
- Connecticut codifies child welfare protections for Native American families in state law
- State will pay cost of college for Oregon tribal members going to school in-state
- Leonard Peltier shares his Indian boarding school story
- The Indian Country abortion safe harbor fallacy
- Bois Forte Band gets 28,000 acres of land back in northern Minnesota
- Why the Muscogee (Creek) Nation gets a say on the Okefenokee mine proposal
- Native students exercise right to wear regalia at graduation
- Indigenous prisoner religious rights organization celebrates 10 years
- Oklahoma City Indian Clinic promotes LGBTQ+ health during Pride Month