Federal Courts Bulletin
- Brown v. Haaland (Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act)
- Fort Defiance Indian Hospital, Inc. v. Becerra (Health Care; Trust Relationship; Indian Health Service)
- Walen v. Burgum, and The Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation (Voting Rights - Redistricting)
State Courts Bulletin
- In the Interest of A.H. and B.H., Children. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 117th Congress Bulletin
- S.4323 - A bill to amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to establish an urban Indian organization confer policy for the Department of Health and Human Services.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- Belated justice: The failures and promise of the Hawaiian Homes Commission Act.
- Learning from Hobby Lobby's misdeeds: Crafting new international due diligence standards for human rights and cultural heritage.
- Missing and murdered: Finding a solution to address the epidemic of missing and murdered Indigenous women in Canada and classifying it as a 'Canadian genocide.'
- The mess that has become Indian gaming in Oklahoma.
- A case for deference in American Indian health law.
- Meeting the McGirt moment: The Five Tribes, sovereignty & criminal jurisdiction in Oklahoma's new Indian Country.
This week, in brief:
- South Dakota ruled noncompliant with federal voter law
- Some Tununak residents have been living without internet for over 3 months
- New ‘roadmap’ helps tribes access historic levels of infrastructure funding
- Havasupai Tribe sends letter of opposition to Arizona Department of Environmental Quality; reiterates opposition to Pinyon Plain Mine aquifer protection permit
- Cherokee Nation takes steps to protect tribal elections from outside influence, dark money
- Why are there so few Native federal judges?
- Nonprofit receives grant to teach Lakota language in NYC, despite Standing Rock ban
- Bridging the Indigenous digital divide
- Combining old and new: Aquaponics opens the door to Indigenous food security
- ‘You go all in’: Diné composer from Chinle wins Pulitzer for music
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History returns artifacts to Chumash tribe