U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
Petition for certiorari was denied in one case on 4/20/20:
Neff v. United States (RICO Act)
Federal Courts Bulletin
Inter-Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc v. United States (Trust Relationship; Arizona-Florida Land Exchange Act)
Adams v. Elfo (Indian Civil Rights Act)
Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes v. Lake County Board of Commissioners (Trespassing; Sovereign Immunity)
State Courts Bulletin
Tom v. Baker (Tribal Jurisdiction)
In re Austin J. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- H.R.6535 - To deem an urban Indian organization and employees thereof to be a part of the Public Health Service for the purposes of certain claims for personal injury, and for other purposes.
- Aloha 'Aina: Native Hawaiian land restitution.
- Going "all in" after Murphy v. NCAA: An approach for California to legalize sports gambling.
This week, in brief:
- Indian Country set for historic showdown in fight for $8 billion in COVID-19 relief
- NCAI statement on the release of sensitive tribal data
- Tribes sue over distribution of coronavirus relief funding
- Mashpee Wampanoag termination: Time to expose federal Indian law
- Gaming compacts: 'Legally flawed and sow more division than unity'
- Navajo Nation extends virus restrictions till mid-May
- Book review: The people who profited off the Trail of Tears
- Lloyd Omdahl: Coronavirus exposes price of bigotry
- StrongHearts Native Helpline: Sexual violence in Indian Country
- As Native peoples self-isolate, outsiders are still demanding in
- How Native Americans made basketball their own