We have scoured the web. Here are some of the latest materials related to Indian Law. Find all of the latest updates at narf.org/nill/bulletins/
U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
Petition for certiorari was filed in one case on 3/24/20:
Diné Citizens Against Ruining Our Environment, et al. v. Bureau of Indian Affairs, et al. (Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 19)
Federal Courts Bulletin
- Rosebud Sioux Tribe v. United States (IHS; Treaty Rights)
- Leachman v. United States (Indian Health Service)
- Sturdevant v. Brott (Prison Litigation Reform Act)
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe v. US Army Corps of Engineers (Treaty Rights; Cultural Resources)
- Burt Lake Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians v. David Bernhardt (Federal Recognition)
- Cherokee Nation v. David Bernhardt (Land Into Trust)
- Cayuga Nation v. Tanner (Indian Gaming Regulatory Act)
- Introduction: Indigenous peoples, sustainability and climate change.
- Kānāwai: Using ancient Hawaiian law to prepare for the future.
This week, in brief:
- 'We're building faith': Social Distance Powwow brings Indian Country together despite coronavirus
- Tribes score victory in long-running battle against Dakota Access Pipeline
- State of Washington bill to authorize tax compacting with tribes
- Supreme Court churns along with Indian Country case amid coronavirus crisis
- Mashpee Wampanoag face double crisis: COVID-19 and feds
- Why are some Native Americans fighting efforts to decriminalize peyote?
- Interview: Fighting and winning with Louise Erdrich
- Seminole Museum to Smithsonian: 'No more stolen ancestors'
- 'Be good to each other' (and share a virtual coffee)