Texas v. Ysleta del Sur Pueblo (Tribal Gaming - State Regulation)
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin (contact us if you need help finding a copy of an article)
- The United States first climate change relocation: Recognition, relocation, and Indigenous rights at the Isle De Jean Charles.
- At the intersection of health and justice: How the health of American Indians and Alaska Natives is disproportionately affected by disparities in the criminal justice system.
- Minding the gap: Improving parental involvement to bridge education gaps between American Indian and non-Indian students.
- Originalism and Indians.
- Droughts, floods, and scarcity on a climate-disrupted planet: Understanding the legal challenges and opportunities for groundwater sustainability.
In the Culture and Tradition section, see an article about legislation to establish official native languages in the state of South Dakota.
U.S. Legislation Bulletin
The following bills were introduced:
- S.948: A bill to provide for an independent outside audit of the Indian Health Service.
- S.506: A bill to support State, Tribal, and local efforts to remove access to firearms from individuals who are a danger to themselves or others pursuant to court orders for this purpose.
- S.524: A bill to establish the Department of Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee on Tribal and Indian Affairs, and for other purposes.
- H.R.1225: To establish, fund, and provide for the use of amounts in a National Park Service and Public Lands Legacy Restoration Fund to address the maintenance backlog of the National Park Service, United States Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Bureau of Indian Education, and for other purposes.
- H.Res.139: Supporting goals and ideals of International Mother Language Day in bringing attention to the importance of preserving linguistic and cultural heritage through education.
Kloker v. Fort Peck Tribes (Hunting Regulation; Riparian Boundaries)