September 23, 2013
NILL added new content to 7 Indian Law Bulletins on 9/20
Petitions for certiorari were filed in Grand Canyon Skywalk Development LLC v. Grand Canyon Resort Corporation, et al. (eminent domain, jurisdiction) on 9/05/13 and Grand River Enters. Six Nations Ltd. v. Oklahoma ex rel. Pruitt (escrow obligations) on 8/26/13.
* U.S. Courts of Appeals Bulletin http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/cta/currentcta.htm
Fletcher v. United States (oil and gas reserves, American Indian Trust Fund Management Reform Act)
* United States Federal Trial Courts Bulletin
Bear v. United States (federal breach of trust)
No Casino in Plymouth v. U.S. Dep't of Interior (land into trust)
LeBeau v. United States (unjust taking of land)
Luckerman v. Narragansett Tribe (breach of contract)
Shinnecock Indian Nation v. United States (unjust taking of land)
* State Courts Bulletinhttp://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/state/currentstate.htm
Thompson v. Fairfax County Department of Family Services (Indian Child Welfare Act, transfer)
North Central Electric Cooperative, Inc. v. North Dakota Public Service Commission (regulatory authority on Indian lands)
Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl (finalizing adoption, termination of parental rights)
* News Bulletin http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/news/currentnews.htm
In the "Health & Welfare" section, we feature an article on American Indian exemption from health reform's individual mandate.
* Regulatory Bulletin http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/regulatory/currentfr.htm
We feature a notice of the Department of Justice relating to establishment of the Attorney General's Advisory Committee of the Task Force on American Indian/Alaska Native Children Exposed to Violence.
* Law Review & Bar Journal Indian Law Bulletin http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/lawreviews/currentlr.htm
We feature an article relating to North Dakota's efforts to make Indian reservations safer.