June 27, 2013
NILL added new content to 6 Indian Law Bulletins on 6/27
St. Germain v. U.S. Dept. of Interior (disenrollment)
* State Courts Bulletin
Native Village of Tununak v. State, Dept. of Health & Social Services, Office of Children's Services (Indian Child Welfare Act, placement)
Citizens for Balanced Use v. Maurier (relocation of wild bison from public to tribal lands)
* News Bulletin
One of the 32 stories included in this week's update includes an opinion article in the "Health & Welfare" section on how "Obamacare" will affect Native Americans.
* Law Review & Bar Journal Indian Law Bulletin http://www.narf.org/nill/bulletins/lawreviews/currentlr.htm We feature an article discussing federal law that might help cover the costs of relocating an Alaska Native Village falling into the sea.
* Regulatory Bulletin
We feature two notices of the Department of Health & Human Service, Indian Health Services regarding tribal self-governance cooperative agreements.
* U.S. Legislation Bulletin
Four new bills were added:
1) S.1129 - STEM 2 Act ("To assist coordination among science, technology, engineering, and mathematics efforts in the States, to strengthen the capacity of elementary schools, middle schools, and secondary schools to prepare students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, and for other purposes.")
2) S.1131 - Building upon Unique Indian Learning and Development Act
3) S.340 - Southeast Alaska Native Land Entitlement Finalization and Jobs Protection Act
4) S.1132 - Lumbee Recognition Act