Federal Courts Bulletin
Jackson v. United States (Fee to Trust)
Bowman v. New York State Housing and Community Renewal (Title VII; Discrimination)
State Courts Bulletin
In the Matter of K.G. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
- H.R. 6237 - To amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to clarify the requirement of the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense to reimburse the Indian Health Servie for certain health care services.
- H.R. 6261 - To provide for coverage of testing for COVID-19 at no cost sharing for Indians receiving health services through Indian Health Service, and for other purposes.
- How the New Deal became a raw deal for Indian nations: Justice Stanley Reed and the Tee-Hit-Ton decision on Indian title.
- Keeping cultural bias out of the courtroom: How ICWA "qualified expert witnesses" make a difference.
- United States v. Bryant: The results of upholding women's rights and tribal sovereignty.
- What are the odds? The potential for tribal control of sports gambling after Murphy v. NCAA.
- Thickening the thin blue line in Indian country: Affirming tribal authority to arrest non-Indians.
This week, in brief:
- Dakota Access Pipeline case to be argued today in D.C.
- Indian Health Service can give COVID-19 tests, $40M allocated to tribes
- Tribes, voting rights groups challenge Montana ballot drop off law
- 'Indigenous Matriarchs Rising' celebrates Women's History Month
- Tribal sovereignty should not be held hostage by Washington politics
- Opponents of proposed copper mine speak out about threat to Oak Flat
- 'We're going to practice our sovereign rights': Oglala Sioux Tribe enters new era with cannabis vote
- COVID-19 resources for Indian tribes
- Reunification for healing: First of its kind