U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin
Petitions for certiorari were filed recently in this case on 9/23/19:
Alabama-Coushatta Tribe of Texas v. State of Texas (Indian Gaming Regulatory Act)
Federal Courts Bulletin
Pueblo of Jemez v. United States (Cultural Resources; Trust Relationship)
Makah Indian Tribe v. Quileute Indian Tribe (Boundary Dispute)
U.S. Legislation - 116th Congress Bulletin
The following bills were recently proposed in the House:
H.R.4586 - To expand opportunity for Native American children through additional options in education, and for other purposes.
H.R.4533 - To amend the Public Health Service Act to improve behavioral health outcomes for American Indians and Alaskan Natives, and for other purposes.
This week, in brief:
- National Congress of American Indians heads into election season after major changes
- Oil company agrees to retire Badger-Two Medicine lease
- Tribal officials tell Oklahoma lawmakers Medicaid expansion would help their citizens
- Yantkon Sioux: 'Our community is literally drowning'
- Coquille citizen Bridgett Wheeler named to Oregon Board of Education
- 'I don't think I've ever compromised' Native artist Jeffrey Gibson named 2019 MacArthur Fellow