- I see you- A story from the Haudenosaunee.
- Indian Child Welfare Act annual case law update and commentary.
- August 2016-August 2017 case law on American Indians.
- CDIB: The role of the certificate of the degree of Indian blood in defining Native American legal identity.
- Tribal Exclusion Authority: Its sovereign bases with recommendations for federal support.
- Native American rights and adoption by non-Indian families: The manipulation and distortion of public opinion to overthrow ICWA.
- Racial anxieties in adoption: Reflections on adoptive couple, white parenthood, and constitutional challenges to the ICWA.
Forest County Potawatomi Community v. United States (Gaming Compact - Approval)
Kialegee Tribal Town v. Zinke (Jurisdiction; Indian Gaming Regulatory Act)
United States of America v. Uintah Valley Shoshone Tribe (Hunting and Fishing Rights)
Comanche Nation of Oklahoma v. Zinke (Lands; Gaming)
Tribal Courts Bulletin
Moon v. Hoopa Valley Tribe (Employment - Wrongful Termination)
State Courts Bulletin
In re E.H. (Indian Child Welfare Act - Notice)
In the Environment and Energy section, we feature an article a law suit filed by tribes against the Keystone XL pipeline permit.
U.S. Legislation Bulletin
The following bills were added:
S.717: POWER Act. (See Sec.2 [B])
H.R.6728: To protect Native children and promote public safety in Indian country.