Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin
- Dismantling monuments.
- Native American reproductive health law--Reproductive Justice: The politics of healthcare for Native American women. [Book Review]
- Tribal sovereign immunity at the patent and trademark office.
- Standing Rock in the swamp: Oil, the environment, and the United Houma Nation's struggle for federal recognition.
Carter v. Tahsuda (Indian Child Welfare Act - Constitutionality)
State of California v. Iipay Nation of Santa Ysabel (Gaming; Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act)
Northern Natural Gas Company v. 80 Acres of Land in Thurston County (Utilities; Rights-of-Way - Condemnation)
Wilhite v. Awe Kualawaache Care Center (Jurisdiction; Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act)
State Courts Bulletin
State v. George (Jurisdiction)
Cayuga Nation v. Campbell (Official Tribal Government)
In the Land & Water section, we feature an article about a study on the changing scope of Native American groundwater rights.
U.S. Legislation Bulletin
The following bills were added:
- S.2850: A bill to amend the White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2020 to clarify the use of amounts in the WMAT Settlement Fund.
- H.R.6510: To establish, fund, and provide for the use of amounts in a National Park Service and Public Lands Legacy Restoration Fund to address the maintenance backlog of the National Park Service, United States Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Bureau of Indian Education, and for other purposes.
- S.3269: A bill to establish the Department of Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee on Tribal and Indian Affairs, and for other purposes.
- S.3280: A bill to increase intergovernmental coordination to identify and combat human trafficking within Indian lands and of Indians.
- H.R.6545: Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2018. (See Title IX)
- H.Res.1037: Recognizing the 29th anniversary of the Tribal Canoe Journey of the Tribal Nations of the Pacific Northwest and congratulating the Puyallup Tribe of Indians for hosting the 2018 Power Paddle to Puyallup.
- H.R.6647: To amend the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act to move the enforcement office to the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to increase the civil monetary penalties for failure to follow the processes established by that Act, and for other purposes.